Today I have a special guest post from my friend Mike Whitfield, creator of the NEW Sprint Conditioning System
Sometimes, you just need a good swift kick in the butt. You’re either at a plateau or you feel like your metabolism is slowing down.
You won’t see athletes hitting plateaus… and you won’t see them walking mindlessly on treadmills, either.
Did you know that sprints or bodyweight exercise alternatives to sprints not only smoke fat faster than any other exercise, but they also will:
– Improve your muscular endurance (meaning even BETTER workouts)
– Burn the MOST calories both during AND after exercise
– Improve your overall fitness (making everyday activities like carrying groceries and playing with your kids easier)
Todays workout will show you how to incorporate both bodyweight exercise and sprints to get a kick ass workout in a short period of time.
But first, let’s look at some sprint alternatives for those of you that do not have access
Alternative Sprint # 1 – Total Body Extensions at a Very Rapid Pace
– Start with your feet just outside shoulder-width apart in the Quarter Squat position.
– Your arms should be extended behind your glutes and you should look straight ahead.
– Now rapidly come up on your toes and extend your arms above your head.
– Return to the starting position as quickly as possible.
Alternative Sprint # 2 – Split Shuffle at a Very Rapid Pace
– Start in a split stance with your arms in the “run position” as if you’re about to sprint
– Shuffle your feet back and forth as fast as possible (your left arm should go out in front when your left goes out)
Alternative Sprint # 3 – Jumping Jacks at a Very Rapid Pace
You know this old school exercise – just go as fast as possible!
Now that you have your sprint options, let’s rock this Sprint Conditioning Workout
“A Splash of Sprint”
Do the following circuit 4 times, resting only when needed:
Prisoner Split Squat (10/side)
Pushup/X-Body Mountain Climber Combo (10)
Sprint (30 yards)
Powerlock Pushups (with a 3-second lowering phase) (10)
Bodyweight Sumo Squat (10)
Sprint (30 yards)
Indoor option – replace the sprint with any sprint substitution exercise for 10 seconds.
a) Jumping Jacks (very rapid pace for 10 seconds)
b) Run in Place
Use these Sprint Conditioning Drills 2-4 times a week
Imagine how leaner you’ll be after just a week of using this powerful combo of sprints and bodyweight complexes.
Get leaner FASTER by using the #1 exercise, and grab Sprint Conditioning System HERE
PS – You’ll also get a boatload of bonuses including:
– Interval Chaos Manual
(a dozen “out of the box” interval workouts so you can burn fat – WITHOUT any cardio machines)
– Race Day Prep –
a 5-week done-for-you system to get you ready for your race day (and you can use it even if you’re not planning on a race)
– Interval Finishers
– a NEW manual using powerful combinations of intervals and finishers for extreme fat-burning and fitness
– Sprint Conditioning for Abs
– cutting edge drills using the latest core training to get flatter abs faster
The BEST Sprint Conditioning drills and bonuses are here